Frequently asked questions
For answers to our frequently asked questions about storage, please read below.
Need further help? Send us your question or speak to a member of our store team who will happily assist you.
Frequently asked questions
- A do-it-yourself storage solution with no long-term commitments.
- Your own storage space away from your home or business that can be used to keep your possessions secure.
- Our Additional Services Packs can provide you with a tailor made storage solution giving you the flexibility to access your storage unit at your convenience.
- Whether a business or a domestic customer you are able to upsize or downsize your storage requirement in a flexible manner.
Security is our top priority. Security features include:
- A unique pin code system to gain access to the building so that everyone entering is identified.
- CCTV widely used outside and inside the building.
- Staffed reception between 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday.
- All storage units are individually alarmed and monitored 24/7.
- Our storage unit size guide gives you an estimate of how the sizes differ and how much space you might need. Storage units in our facility range from 25 sq.ft up to a 1,000 sq.ft bulk storage area so there is plenty of choice.
- Our storage units are typically at least 8 ft high so if you store your possessions efficiently, such as turning settees on their side, you may need less floorspace than you imagine.
- Either visit the store or phone our friendly, well-trained store team on 01793 680999 and they’ll be able to give you the good idea of the storage unit you might need or you can obtain a quote online.
- You only ever pay for the amount of space you need, so the smaller the unit you occupy the less you typically pay.
- To help you choose the right solution for your storage needs, our size guide gives you an approximate indication of how the sizes differ.
- Call our friendly expert team on 01793 680999 who will be happy to provide you with a quotation that best suits your storage needs.
- All quotations provided for your storage requirement include VAT.
- Storage charges are made four weekly in advance.
Reserving with us is simple. There are three ways to reserve a storage unit:
- In store during our reception opening hours which are 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday. Please note that our reception is not staffed on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
- By phoning our friendly, well-trained store team on 01793 680999.
- Use our Get a Quote for the size you need and reserve online.
- We seek a refundable £10 deposit to secure the unit.
- This is not a problem. Simply speak to a member of our friendly store team and they will help you choose the right size storage unit to meet your needs.
- There is no charge for amending the reservation and you will only be charged for the storage unit that you occupy.
- Storing with us is flexible and you can switch your reservation to a larger or smaller storage unit to meet your current needs. In this way you never have to pay for surplus space that you no longer need.
- If you find that you no longer need to store, simply call us before the expiry date on 01793 680999 and we will cancel your reservation straightaway. If your move in date is delayed, no problem – we can change to a date that suits you.
- The standard way to pay is by setting up a hassle free direct debit.
- If you are using a payment method other than direct debit, we require a security deposit. Our acceptable payment methods are:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Please be advised that cash and cheques are not acceptable payment methods.
- The security deposit held is fully refundable provided there is no waste left or damage to the storage unit after you have vacated.
- The right to occupy the storage unit and have unlimited access to it between 9.00am to 5.30pm every day.
- Should you need to access your storage unit outside of reception hours, our Additional Services Packs can be purchased and will allow you the flexibility to come and go at a time best for you.
- StoreProtect liability protection cover and cylinder locks are not included in the quoted price.
We can provide protection for your stored goods on a new for old replacement basis.
The StoreProtect product is an extension to our Storage Agreement that enables us to accept liability for loss of damage to your goods in many circumstances.
Our liability under StoreProtect is accepted on a new for old replacement basis for most goods that you may wish to store. However, there are limitations in respect of some items such as jewellery, watches, furs, fine art, electrical items, beers, wines and spirits. StoreProtect is not available for motor cars stored on site or food and perishable goods.
Please read our StoreProtect Addendum for full details of the protection that can be purchased.
In order to benefit from StoreProtect, you must declare an appropriate new replacement value for all goods stored (known as the Maximum Replacement Value). This figure must be adequate to include all goods at all times.
If you decide not to opt for StoreProtect, our standard terms limit our liability for your goods to a maximum of £100. You are also required to arrange insurance at your own expense for your stated Maximum Replacement Value for the duration of your storage.
If you decide not to opt for StoreProtect our standard terms limit our liability for your goods to a maximum of £100 and only in the event of our negligence. You are also required to arrange insurance at your own expense for your stated Maximum Replacement Value for the duration of your storage.
If the Maximum Replacement Value you provide is less than the actual total Replacement Value of all your property stored at the time of loss or damage, then our liability under StoreProtect will be reduced to reflect the proportion that your Maximum Replacement Value bears to the actual total Replacement Value (“Proportional Reduction”).
For example: if the replacement value of your property is £10,000 but you have declared a Maximum Replacement Value of £5,000, our liability will be reduced by 50%. So, if £3,000 worth of Your Property is lost or damaged, our liability would be £1,500.
There are only a few things you cannot store with us:
- Food or perishable goods
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures
- Combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as: gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents
- Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition
- Chemicals, radioactive materials or biological agents
- Toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature
- Any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour
- Any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained, including counterfeit goods, illicit (smuggled/counterfeit) tobacco, illicit alcohol, unlicensed medicines, unsafe goods (including toys, electrical items, cosmetics, fireworks)
- Compressed gases
- Goods which are environmentally harmful or that are a risk to the property of any person
- Items which are irreplaceable, such as currency, jewellery, furs, deeds, paintings, works of art and items of personal sentimental value.
- Our minimum stay for domestic customers is only two weeks. You can store for shorter than this but you’ll still need to pay for the two weeks.
- There is no upper limit on how long you can store with us. If you’re planning to store for a long time, then please speak to our friendly store team who will tailor an attractive deal to suit your circumstances.
- If you are a domestic customer, then you will need to give us 14 days written notice before you wish to vacate your storage unit.
- If you are a business customer then you will need to give us 28 written days notice.
- An email sent to our store giving notice to vacate your storage unit is acceptable.
- You can set up a Storage Agreement so that others may have access to your storage unit.
- For other individuals to be able to access your storage unit, they will need to be named on your account and you need to give them access to your pin codes and cylinder lock key. This can be set up prior to you moving in.
- It may be possible for an electric socket to be provided in your storage unit. Where it is possible to install an electric socket, some items are prohibited from use, such as heaters, kettles and loud equipment. All equipment must be available for PAT testing once a year.
- Where an electric socket can be installed, the cost of installation and ongoing electricity usage will be the responsibility of the customer.
- You will need to set up a storage account to gain access to the storage areas and to your storage unit.
- You will need to come into the store during our reception opening hours which are Monday to Saturday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
- Depending on whether you have completed the econtract or whether you are completing the contract instore, please bring the following with you to complete your set up of a Storage Agreement:
- Photo ID which can be either a valid passport or a full driving licence.
- Proof of address which can be a copy of utility bill or a bank statement from within the last three months.
- Means of payment is by direct debit. Alternative payment methods can be accepted if agreed ahead of an agreement being set up.
- You will need a cylinder lock to secure your storage unit which can be purchased in-store if you do not have your own.
- You will need to organise liability protection cover for your goods whilst in storage.
Quick contact form
Get a storage quote
Please contact us for more information on our facilities or services.